Friday, April 25, 2014

Love Torin in 3 DAYS! #RunesSeries #Seeress @EdnahWalters

Coming April 28th
Seeress
Runes Series: Book 3
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19455949-seeress

Cora and her boyfriend Echo were making out by her car when we pulled up. The two never failed to make me smile. Psycho Maliina had used her Norn powers to completely mimic Cora and fooled us for weeks. We didn’t know Cora had been admitted to a psyche ward during those weeks because Maliina had marked her with some jerked up runes and she could see souls. Like any sane person, Cora had thought she was seeing ghosts and going crazy. Meeting Echo had changed her perception of things.

“Come on,” Torin said, wanting us to leave the couple alone.

I dug my heels in. “I want to talk to Cora.”

Torin sighed. “I don’t want to deal with him this early in the morning.”

I thought they’d made up, but I supposed a few months of working together hadn’t made up for centuries of bad blood. Grimnirs like Echo reaped for Hel and had a long history of stealing souls bound for Valhalla.

“You two need to make up. Cora is still my best friend.”

“I am your best friend,” he said firmly, hand slipping around my waist.

I gave him a look over my shoulder and teased, “I don’t know. She’s my best girlfriend, but Eirik… Now that is best friend material.” My voice cracked. “You’re just a glorified Valkyrie… my boyfriend.”

Blue flames leaped in his eyes. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, “Boyfriend, love of your life, guinea pig for naughty fantasies and—”

“Shut up.” Just like that, he’d deliberately distracted me from my worries about Eirik. He had uncanny way of reading me.

“I’m not complaining, you understand,” he added. “Just want to make sure you recognize my awesomeness.”

“Oh, I recognize alright.” I bumped him with my hip. “Your arrogance.”

“We were having a moment here, you two,” Echo griped and we looked their way. Cora waved from the confine of his arms. Despite his voice, Echo didn’t look angry and his eyes had that weird intensity that made it hard to tell whether he was angry or teasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment