Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Teaser Tuesday | Hunted #TheGuardianLegacy

Title:  Hunted
Series:  The Guardian Legacy [Book 3]
Length:  358 Pages
Genre:  YA Fantasy

TEASER
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14448616-hunted

Frowning, I studied him. Would he say yes? Just because women did the asking didn’t necessarily mean men said yes. I’d never attended a pactus, the mating ceremony performed in the temple of Goddess Xenia in Xenith—the Guardians’ homeland. Nephlings weren’t allowed in Xenith, and since my grandmother was human, that meant Bran and I would not be mated there.

Not liking the direction of my thoughts, I glanced at Kim, who was sipping her slushy. “Thanks, Kim.”

She cocked her right brow. “For what?”

“Talking to me about Bran.”

She shrugged. “I didn’t say anything you don’t already know.”

“True.” We exchanged a smile. “But I’m happy you did anyway.”

She shrugged again.

“Well, I’m going to read in the cabana for a while.” I nodded toward the one set aside just for us Cardinals.

“Remember, we’re leaving in one hour,” she reminded me.

“I know.” I reached for the book in my tote bag, my hand brushing against the strap of my dagger’s belt. Even on vacation, we carried weapons just in case demons attacked. Not that they would dare come after us on The Island.

A shadow fell over me, the silhouette of the wings reaching Kim. Squinting, I looked up at Bran and fought a blush when he studied me with twinkling emerald eyes.

Water droplets glistened like diamonds on his tanned chest, the scar of the Guardian amulet light between his pecs. Funny, I once thought the scar marred the perfection of his golden skin. Now it was a reminder of how much he’d sacrificed to leave the demonic world and join us.

“Done showing off?” I asked, smiling.
http://www.amazon.com/Hunted-Guardian-Legacy-Ednah-Walters-ebook/dp/B00C3KTPQ0/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2

No comments:

Post a Comment