Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"It's like I never left"

Title: Grimnirs
Series: The Runes Series [Book 2.5]
Length: 286 Pages
Genre: YA Paranormal




TEASER
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18339548-grimnirs

“Hey,” Raine said.

I wanted to ignore her again and even tried to leave, but her boyfriend blocked my path. I glared at him. Sighing, I turned and faced Raine. There was no point showing her how much she’d hurt me, and her whipped puppy look was getting tired. She’d never been good at hiding her emotions.

“Hi,” I said. “I like your hair.”

She blinked as though surprised. “Thanks. I know what you’ll say about this. I use a curling iron.”

I wasn’t ready to be that chummy with her. If she wanted to ruin her hair, I didn’t care.

“Uh, this is Torin St. James,” she said when she realized I wasn’t going to say anything else. “Torin, Cora Jemison, my best friend.”

Yeah, right. Some best friend.

Torin smiled and nodded, but he continued to watch me as though he expected me to, I don’t know, say something mean to Raine. What would he do?

I gave him a challenging glance and said, “I saw your pictures online.”

“It’s ridiculous how he always ends up on some girl’s page,” Raine said. “Alone. Shirtless.”

“Actually, the ones I saw were of the two of you,” I corrected.

“Oh.” She glanced at him and elbowed him when he grinned. She leaned against him and focused on me. “Uh, it’s nice to have you back, Cora.”

I shrugged. “It’s weird.”

She exchanged a look with Torin and frowned. “What do you mean?”

“It’s like I never left.” I waited for her to say something about my psych ward stay, or give me a clue about what she knew. I wasn’t sure what she’d told my mother a week ago or what Mom had told her. I hadn’t cared enough to ask.

An awkward silence followed.

“We stopped by your place on Friday after school,” Raine said. “I don’t know if your father told you.”

 Original Version            Clean
Original              Clean  

No comments:

Post a Comment