Tuesday, October 21, 2014

“I hope you rot in Tartarus,”

Title:  Betrayed
Series:  The Guardian Legacy [Book 2]
Length:  343 Pages
Genre:  YA Fantasy
TEASER
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12976592-betrayed

Five of Valafar’s men, dressed all in black except for the gleaming ruby stones on the pins holding their cloaks and on their belt buckles, entered the room. Behind them came Kenta; he carried a black leather bag with strange writings, clasps, and more rubies. It was the same bag Valafar had had, when I first retrieved the Kris Dagger from the cave on Coronis Isle.

“I told Valafar—if you want something done right, you do it yourself,” Solange bragged. She gestured to Kenta. “Remove their weapons.”

“Traitor,” I snarled at Kenta.

He winced, but emptied my pockets, then moved to my boots. As our former trainer, he knew everything—where we hid weapons, our weaknesses and strengths, our favorite weapons. He touched the knife I hid inside a pouch in my right boot, but didn’t remove it.

Our gazes met – his apologetic, mine probably puzzled. Maybe he was regretting his decision, now that he knew Valafar had used him and he wouldn’t be my trainer, after all, or this was his way of redeeming himself after his betrayal. He had trained me for months and knew me. He patted my boot, as though to tell me to use the dagger, then moved on.

Kim kicked him, but he caught her booted leg.

“Don’t judge me, Kim,” he snarled.

“Don’t tell me what to do, you evil backstabber,” she retorted.

“I hope you rot in Tartarus,” Izzy hissed.

“Enough!” Solange yelled. “Finish and give me the bag, Kenta. My father wants the weapons kept with the dagger in the vault. No chance in Tartarus any of you are getting your hands on them again,” she taunted. “Come, starting with you, Lilith.”

I ground my teeth and walked forward. The hated hollow feeling settled in my stomach, and my heartbeat went into overdrive. The cramp on my side wasn’t going away, either. Where were Dante and Kael?

Eye to eye with her, I paused. “I escaped before, and will again.”

“You got lucky,” she snarled, and shoved me out the door.

http://www.amazon.com/Betrayed-Guardian-Legacy-Ednah-Walters-ebook/dp/B00870FCC6/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=1-7&qid=1383687862

No comments:

Post a Comment