Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Getting Organized and Writing More

Inspired by my fellow Spencer Hill Press author friend Kelly Hashway, who's finished 4 WIPs this year alone...so far...and plans to add two more, I've decided to be more organized when school starts and the kids are gone. I plan to finish 2 more WIPs by the end of the year, one YA  and one adult, both paranormal romances, both first book in a new series, both around 75K.

Tall order, right? I've been thinking about them for over six months. That's why I usually do first, think about the story, the characters, their goals, motive and conflicts (GMC).

We'll see how it goes.

So far this year, I've finished 2 books, one adult romance and one YA, and this will make the 3rd one. If I can two more...

As of this morning, this is where I am at with my present WIP. I should be done by tomorrow night if the muses stay with me.



*Congrats to Shauna Olen Buck for winning a copy of Betrayed and swags in the Annual Summer Giveaway Hop"

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I write way slower than you. (And Kelly is just super-human.) I've only written one novel this year. It takes me a while to get them to the level where I'm proud of them. And thank goodness for great CPs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's me! So sweet of you to mention me. I'm a little crazy when it comes to drafting. I get in a zone and it's all I can think about. I have to say you write quickly too if you are already on your 3rd MS and you are shooting for 2 more. :)

    ReplyDelete