Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Teaser Tuesday | Immortals #RunesSeries

Title:  Immortals
Series:  Runes [Book 2]
Length:  343 Pages
Genre:  YA Paranormal

TEASER
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18218570-immortals

“Where are you going?” Ingrid asked when I started for the door.

“Home. Goodnight.”

“But you heard Andris.”

“I sure did, but that doesn’t mean I have to do as he says.” I reached for the doorknob.

She moved so fast she was by the door before I opened it. “You’re going to get me in trouble. When Torin gives an order, we follow it to the letter. You can watch TV or read something. I’ve plenty of books on my Kindle.”

“You know something? Torin is not my keeper or whatever, so I don’t have to listen or agree with everything he says.” Annoyance flashed in her eyes, and I felt bad for putting her on the spot. “Why don’t you come over to my place instead?” I heard myself say.

Ingrid’s brow rose. “What?”

“Come and hang out at my house. I have homework packets I’m still working on, but I can take a break. We can get to know each other.”

Her eyes narrowed. “Why would I want to do that?”

For one brief moment, something in her eyes reminded me of Maliina. She definitely hated me. Could she be the one vandalizing my locker? “I’m leaving. You can either follow me or stay here. That’s up to you. The invite is open.”

“Not interested. Oh, and Raine,” she added, stepping away from the door. “Just because you have everyone around here panting to turn you doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. You’re too emotional and juvenile to make a good Valkyrie. Maybe you should just do everyone a favor and tell them you’re not ready.”

Please, who did she think she was talking to?

She glared as though my face reflected my thoughts. “Don’t leave the cul-de-sac without telling me first.”

I waved and left. After her smug speech, I couldn’t wait to become an Immortal just to rub her nose in it.
http://www.amazon.com/Immortals-Runes-book-Ednah-Walters-ebook/dp/B00EBTGGCW/ref=pd_sim_b_1

No comments:

Post a Comment